Child Support Lawyers in Harrisburg & South Central Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania child support laws include child support guidelines or “grids” that dictate how much support the custodial parent will receive based on the number of children involved and the income of the parents. Does this mean there’s little room for negotiation and exceptions?
- A child’s special needs
- Child care expenses
- Differences in parental income
- True versus stated income in complex areas such as self employment or business ownership
Is your child autistic? Does he or she require a special diet? Do you believe your spouse/former spouse makes far more than he or she has stated? At the Law Offices of Peter J. Russo, P.C., we can provide experienced, effective help in pursuing fair child support solutions.
- Is your spouse claiming that he or she makes little or no money? We can work with accountants to examine tax returns, business documents, depreciation schedules and other documents to determine true income.
- Does your child have special needs? We can document medical expenses and propose child support payments that will cover current or expected costs.
- Has your income or the income of your spouse changed? We can argue for a modification of child support payments to reflect employment and other changes.
We work both with payers and payees to achieve a solution that is fair to both parties while serving the children’s best interests. For more information on your child support legal rights and options in Pennsylvania, contact our office for an initial consultation.