Ms. Haggerty is an associate with the Law Offices of Peter J. Russo, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the areas of family law, including divorce, custody, adoption, child support, alimony and spousal support; as well as the distribution of assets before, during and after marriage.
Ms. Haggerty is a 1993 graduate of Dickinson College where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in History and Political Science. She is also a 2000 graduate of the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University. Ms. Haggerty is admitted to practice in all Pennsylvania courts, the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Cumberland County Bar Association.
Prior to joining the practice, Ms. Haggerty was appointed as Assistant Counsel with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel at the Board of Probation and Parole. Previous to her appointment, Ms. Haggerty was a partner with the law firm of Abom & Kutulakis, LLP where she focused her practice in the area of family law. Ms. Haggerty also worked for the Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office, first as a law clerk and then following graduation, as an Assistant District Attorney. Her primary responsibilities were in the Juvenile Division. In addition, she has tried several jury trials and has argued before the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court. Before enrolling in law school, Ms. Haggerty served as an Adult Probation Officer in Northumberland County from 1994 to 1995. She worked as a Juvenile Probation Officer in Montour County from 1995 to 1997.
Areas of Practice:
- 85% Family Law
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2000
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1993
- Major: History and Political Science
Past Employment Positions:
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – PBPP, Assistant Counsel, 2013 – 2016
- Abom & Kutulakis, LLP, Partner, 2010 – 2013
- Abom & Kutulakis, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2002 – 2010
- Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2001 – 2002