Adoption Legal Assistance in South Central Pennsylvania
Adoption—Same-Sex Adoption—Stepparent Adoption—International Adoption
Adoptions are, primarily, a celebrated and cherished means of growing a family. They are also transactions and, like many transactions, often involve legal confusion and legal challenges.
- International adoptions
- Adoptions by same-sex couples
- Adoptions by stepparents and other relatives
- Grandparent adoptions
- Adoptions involving a surrogate
- Is your child from another country? We can handle your adoption in the U.S. after you have accomplished your adoption in your child’s country of origin.
- Are you, as a stepparent, interested in adopting the child of your current partner or spouse? We can pursue the termination of the biological parent’s rights, and work to establish your rights in his or her place.
- Are you interested in adopting a child with your same-sex partner? Often, in lieu of a marriage certificate, agencies require evidence of a long-standing, committed relationship. We can gather and provide evidence like joint accounts and joint property ownership to facilitate your adoption goals.
For more information regarding adoption law in Pennsylvania, contact our office for an initial consultation.